Company Registration India » Cooperative Societies Registration
Cooperative Societies Registration
- The first step is to get 10 individuals together who are eager of forming a society.
- A provisional committee should be formed and after formatting a provisional committee, a chief promoter should be elected from amongst them.
- A Name has to be selected for the Society.
- An Application has to be made to the Registration Authority for reservation of a letter and name to that effect has to be obtained confirming the reservation of Name. Once, the name reserved is valid for 3 Months.
- The share capital and entrance fees have to be collected from the prospective members.
- A Bank account is to be opened in the name of the proposed society as per the directions of the registration Authority. The share money and entrance fees have to be deposited in the bank account and the certificate from the bank has to be obtained in that respect.
- The registration fees have to be deposited with the Reserve Bank of India and receipted 1challan thereof is to be obtained.
- The application for the registration of the society should be submitted to the Registrar of Societies of the concerned municipal ward. The documents to be submitted for the registration are as follows:
- Form No. An in quadruplicate signed by 90% of the promoter members
- List of promoter members.
- Bank Certificate.
- Detailed explanation of working of the society.
- 4 copies of proposed bye-laws of the society.
- Proof of payment of registration charges.
- Other documents like affidavits, indemnity bonds, any documents specified by the Registrar also have to be submitted.
- The Registrar will enter the particulars in register of application maintained in Form "B" and issue receipt and give serial number in acknowledgment of the same.
- The Registrar on the registration will notify the registration of the Society in the Official Gazette and issue Registration Certificate.